Vocational Consultant (1988 to present)
Assist people with disabilities in vocational planning, training and job placement. Advise counsel for plaintiffs and defense in personal injury and worker's compensation cases; conduct testing, interviewing, analysis of work history, medical file review, and research of labor market to determine employment and earning potential; write reports citing conclusions regarding employability, opinions whether earning capacity loss has occurred and if so, amount of loss.
Telework Coordinator (January 2006 to December 31, 2007)
Stout Vocational Rehabilitation Institute, University of Wisconsin-Stout, Menomonie, Wisconsin; Responsible for assessment, training and placement of injured workers and disabled veterans in jobs allowing telecommuting from home.
Evaluation Services Manager (1995 to December, 2005)
UW-Stout Vocational Rehabilitation Institute; oversight, coordination, and provision of on-site and outreach career assessment activities for agencies such as Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Veteran's Affairs, and public school systems; and teaching of experiential and classroom courses in Vocational Rehabilitation.
Director (1986 to 1995)
Vocational Development Center, UW-Stout; administration of programs of evaluation center and dormitory.
Chief Evaluator (1981 to 1986)
Vocational Development Center, UW-Stout; supervision and training of evaluation staff, coordination of scheduling, and completed vocational evaluations.
Vocational Exploration Program Coordinator (1980 to 1981)
Vocational Development Center, UW-Stout; analyzed jobs, organized worksites, and matched participants with jobs.
Vocational Evaluator (1975 to 1979)
Vocational Development Center, UW-Stout; administered psychometric tests, observed work performance, counseled people regarding career decisions, and wrote comprehensive reports.
M.S. Vocational Rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin-Stout.
B.A. Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Licensed Professional Counselor (#2071), Wisconsin Department of Regulation & Licensing
- Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Service Provider (#193), Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development - Worker's Compensation Division
- National Rehabilitation Association
- Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment Association
- Vocational Evaluation & Career Assessment Professionals
- National Association of Service Providers in Private Rehabilitation
- Practicum in Vocational Evaluation
- Administration of Non-Profit Organizations
- Vocational Evaluation Lab
SELECTED PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Special Populations Advisory Committee, Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Projects With Industry Advisory Council
- College of Human Development Governance Committee
- Past Treasurer, Indianhead Enterprises Board of Directors
- Dunn County Transition Council member
- Integrating Assistive Technology into Vocational Evaluation and Assessment, Eleventh National Forum on Vocational Assessment, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Intensive Vocational Assessment, Ninth National Forum on Vocational Assessment, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Assessing Severely Disabled Individuals, United Cerebral Palsy Conference on Employment, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Work Sample Utilization: A Different Approach, Seventh National Forum on Vocational Assessment, Denver, Colorado.
- Vocational Assessment Seminar, Wascana Rehabilitation Hospital, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Introduction to Vocational Evaluation, Humber Community College, Toronto, Ontario